Hi,

Which Qt Components are you talking about? If you mean the old MeeGo
components, then the answer is a bit complicated. For performace reasons,
it was designed in such a way that the apps are always intended to run in
fullscreen mode and the status bar on the top is drawn by the apps from a
shared X pixmap. (Not sure how it's done in Wayland or even if those
components were ever ported to Wayland.)

You can see how this is done exactly in the source of the MTF (MeeGo Touch)
status bar.

We also had a similar thing in the X version of lipstick:
https://github.com/nemomobile/lipstick/blob/fd0cbf276da853592eb0da9aaa12ba6bf54ee8db/src/components/statusbar.cpp#L44

If you implement a similar thing (a shared pixmap) in the hildon status
menu, then the answer is yes, it can be done. Otherwise you will have to
either 1) patch the components to work on hildon or 2) run the app in
windowed mode and not show the status bar at all in any apps

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Timur

Timur