> Hello,
>
> If you take a look to our spec files you will notice that several packages
> are installing COPYING, LICENSE and etc in /usr/share/doc. Honestly I don't
> think that installing hundred of times the same GPL license file makes
> really sense. What about installing all that stuff as part of doc or devel
> packages?
> We can also think about creating a common package for licenses
> documentation.

Some distributions like Arch Linux already install common license
files and it seems a cleaner approach to me.
Packages would provide only specific license files in a doc package
and they might add symlinks to the common license files in case they
need it.

--
Out of the box experience
http://www.maui-project.org/