I bought a used Dell C400 on eBay in 2003...it has been a trooper.  I've
worn out 3 hard drives, a battery, added memory, and multiple docking
stations (one at the office and a couple around the house...don't ask)
upgraded from W2K to XP (it still has the sticker on it that says "Designed
for XP"), and it keeps on going.  I like:  the small size, light weight,
bright screen, Dell support...even for a non-warranty machine.  I don't
like: low powered USB 1.1, 9 pin serial port, no keyboard or mouse support,
but those are all functions of the age of the machine.  It was built during
the transition period between old serial and new USB.  I also bought a used
Dell C400 for my daughter on eBay...same story.

My company issues us Lenovo T60s.  It's been bulletproof as well, and I like
having a second drive bay.  Took me a while to figure out that the hard
drive is a SATA but I hadn't kept up with what they looked like.  Given that
I was previously strongly anti-IBM (stinkPad, anyone???) I have been
pleasantly surprised.

Royce Engler
'85 300TD 299K