Andy,

1) The ALDA adjust will only increase off-idle power delivery. If the car is a
slug off the line, the ALDA is one of the first things to fiddle with
(assuming
everything else is in good working order). The ALDA adjust will usually NOT
increase smoke at WOT, as it is limited by the internal full-load adjustment.

2) You only want enough boost pressure to fully burn the fuel delivered. This
may only be 0.75 bar or so. Beyond that, more boost just increases EGT's. I
just turned my boost *down* from 15psi to 12psi and saw a ~100F decrease in
EGT's with no power loss.

3) The full load adjustment will increase fuel delivery across the entire RPM
range. You can only increase this a little bit without an intercooler
(or water
injection), before EGT's become dangerously high. However, some cars that are
already below normal power output could benefit from this. As Brandon's page
indicates, an EGT gauge is essential to make sure you don't create a large
doorstop. With an intercooler, you can get 20-25% power gain, beyond that
requires pump modifications. Casey did this on his 1987 300TD with incredible
results... for example, his 0-60 time has dropped from 12 seconds to about 8
seconds. (!!!) Full details are here:

http://www.buymbparts.com/forum/showthread.php\?t=159

:-)

-Dave M.