yea, I have a tranny problem with my 89 560 as well. Wife driving it, I think it developed a leak, and was probably run low on fluid for along time. Not whining or anything so maybe I will get lucky with it.

Tom G wrote:

My '89 560 SEL is in need of a transmission. Does
anyone have experience with Adsit Company
(www.adsitco.com)?

Background info: The car has 119k miles. Apparently
the rear seal failed catastrophically. My wife didn't
know, and by the time she got home the transmission
was whining loudly. Refilling fluid only muffled the
whine slightly, so I think at a minimum the torque
convertor is shot.

Thanks,
Tom Gentry
Life was too short for my transmission.