Ho andrew!@

yup, I have similar problems on mine!  While I still
don't have it toaly fixed (mine won't start after it
gets warmed up!

I did notice a HUGE imporvment when I swapped out all
the fuel lines and the vacume lines in the engine...

After working on my 300d, I curse these 4.5 sels...
Just a  bit to complicated for my tastes...

Anyway, hope this might help