Joe Mendyka wrote:
Howdy all-

I've been battling with a windshield wiper problem for almost a year
now.  One of the ball joints that connects to the driverside wiper is
worn out.  Judging by the comments I've read on here, that seems to be
cause for a whole new linkage.  Is this correct?  Are there any other
options?    Also, if I buy the part new, should I take it to a shop to
replace or can I do it myself?  I know that if it's not done properly
it will cause the wipers to not operate correctly (I found this out
first hand).  Are there measures I can take myself to ensure that it
is done correctly?  Thanks for the help.

-Joe Mendyka

Makes it easier to give you useful advice if you told us waht YEAR and MODEL car you had! I'd look for a used wiper mechanism. A new one will be expensive.

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
      Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member GWSection
    http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm