On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 04:30:56PM -0500, Potter, Tom  E wrote:
> I'm not an electrical expert, but I agree. As long as the capacitance is
> within the same specifications, any condenser should work. The problem
> is in determining the capacitance specifications. Better yet, throw the
> points and condenser away and get an electronic trigger (Compufire,
> Petronix, et. al.).

This is the best solution, IMNQSHO.

Perhaps it would be, but then, what if that is NOT the problem???

I am by no means homeless, but also am by no means RICH!

I cannot afford hundreds of dollars to buy a new electronic system JUST to see if MAYBE that is the problem. I only buy cars when I can get them VERY cheap because they are not working right. 90% of the time, I can get them going. Either way, I cannot afford to fix things before they are known problems-unless it is something inexpensive like a condensor. It is better for me to sell it off as a parts car than to spend much more money for it.

Thanks, though-appreciate your opinion!

Michael