Dave,

Do you have a digital camera that can take short videos (<30 seconds)?
 If so, there is a perfect co-pilot -just set the camera up so it can
see the speedometer and EGT.  And you can share the run with fellow
listers too :)

Andy

P.S. If you don't have a camera that can do this, here is the perfect excuse!