Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 76 300D Diff Plug Removal?

A long time ago I bought the next larger English size Allen wrench,
ground down the sides just enough to fit the plug. It's been working
fine for for over thirty years now. The plug is usually pretty tight.
Clean it really well to get a good fit with the wrench, use PB Blaster
as Rich said. I use the handle from a bottle jack as a cheater bar on
the Allen wrench, lie under the car (supported on stands), and kick
the handle to loosen the plug.