Listers,

Been trying to avoid working on my rear suspension, but a chunk of rubber broke loose or something yesterday, which makes the car VERY hard to drive in a straight line. I already have all the parts for a rear end rebuild (trailing arm bushings, driveshaft everything, subframe bushings differential and tranny mounts, etc etc) and am wondering if I can
simply follow the manual for the repairs.

The manual calls for the complete removal of the rear axles.... is this really necessary?

Any tips/tricks/comments/etc?

And I do have the proper spring compressor... so that at least isn't a problem.

Thanks!!!
John