Joe,
In its normal configuration, the motor is controlled by the servo amp. As the resistance feedback of the resistor chain changes, the amp begins to slow the motor before it reaches the end stop. Running the servo motor full speed with the jumper can cause the gears to slightly bind or jam when the reach the end stop, and also stress the motor. I have never seen a problem caused by using the jumper -- even running it into the end stop, but a working servo may be 10 - 15 even 20 years old or older. I tend to try to treat my old Benz like an old man -- gently, cause they might break (like me).

Dan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Knight" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 9:30 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] another 123 climate control question

One question, Dan.  I noticed that you stated that the motor should
only be run momentarily when jumpered.  Why is this?  During my little
stint in purgatory diagnosing and repairing a misbehaving gear
assembly -details in the text file on the website-  I had to put the
thing thru its paces pretty extensively both in situ and on the bench
and have yet to notice any ill effects.

joe