Dwight

Have you changed the O-rings on the oil filter stem? Thats a cheap place to start. Also there are a couple of ground attachments in back of the instrument cluster that might need the "tighten up"

Regards   Steve Van Cleve
Marrowstone Isl Wa

"85" Euro 240D 5 spd 110K
"79" 240D 5spd  fresh tranny transplan
"82" Euro 300 TD non turbo, project wagon
"94" Dodge, 2500, 5 spd, 5.9 Cummins, 95K

I have been noticing that my oil gauge fluttered at idle around 20 psi but smoothed out as soon as it went up. I thought maybe it was a rough idle problem.Last night it started to flutter in the 30 range. Then coming down my street and in the driveway I heard a light clattering noise in the dash behind the cluster and the gauge fluttered at 40 psi. Noise would stop when I pegged it at 45 psi. Anybody have any advice? I don't recall seeing this problem on the list over the past 3 years.
TIA.

Dwight
Dwight Giles
1979 240D auto 244k + miles