The oil mist from R12 A/C system will burn! Duracool and other HC based
refrigerants will burn. Gasoline will burn. Diesel fuel will burn. Engine
oil will burn, Power Steering fluid will burn. So basically you are driving
around surrounded by flammable material in your vehicle.

My simple view is that the fuel line that runs from the rear of my car to
the front carrying gasoline which can have over 60PSI of pressure worries me
a lot more than the 2.2lbs of hydrocarbons I put in my A/C system.  A pint
of gasoline has more energy than something like 16 sticks of dynamite, and
the fuel line has a long run that could break in an accident from almost any
direction.

I actually think the hydrocarbons being illegal in US is there to protect
the mechanic who smokes a cigarette as he charges an A/C system and if it
was legal then Du-Pont would lose a lot of money from the sale of 134a.

Of course opinions are like a** holes, everyone has got one and they are
often full of crap. I am no different and will be the first to say by using
the hydrocarbon system I might be on the road to Darwinism, but I can accept
that.

Regards,
Trampas