Federal Tax Credit will soon apply to clean diesels. (according to Fox News)

That puts a $18K Golf or Jetta TDI (I got 48mpg out of my 03 Jetta wagon, driving it like a rental car for 40K miles) a whole lot further ahead than a hybrid in my mind.

no weird 400 lb battery pack or high-voltage computer controlled relay junk.

The interior feel of a Jetta rivals anything M-B has put out in recent years. and VW uses thicker sheet metal than the Japs so no door dings.

That said, I love my Hondas and my Benzes.

-Sealover
Hondas: 95 Odyssey, 76 CB750F, 03 lawnmower
Benzes: 83 300D,  77 and 84 300D parts cars