Potter, Tom E wrote:
> Leave it to GM to make even a simple alternator removal a complicated
> procedure that requires 47 special tools. Don't feel bad; Mr. Goodwrench
> could not replace it either without a 15-page procedure and a box of
> special tools.

Actually, it was a piece o' cake once someone told me what to look for.
 There's a square hole in the tensioner arm that you fit a 3/8" drive
ratchet into.  The alternator is held on by three bolts, two easy ones
and one that's hard to get at, but the hole for the tough one is
U-shaped, so you can just wiggle it out.

My only complaint is that someone thought it would be a good idea to put
one of the engine mounts *through* the belt.  When I saw that, I decided
I didn't need to put on a new belt while I had it apart. ;)