You give all of the presidents too much credit. It's not the current
presidents fault, it's not Clinton's fault. Matter of fact, it's not any
president's fault!

To put things on perspective, if you were to factor inflation into 1981 gas
prices then 1981 gas would be the equivalent of $3.10 per gallon at today's
dollars!

In other words, today's gas is still cheaper than it was in 81 when you add
in inflation.

Our problem is that we are spoiled - we want cheap gas & diesel, and we've
been getting cheap gas & diesel for quite a while.

If you want to blame someone for the higher prices of oil & fuel then the
proper people to blame are China. They are the fastest growing consumers of
oil in the world and their purchases are driving up the price of crude oil.

What do they do with it? Many things, but much goes into plastics & other
oil derivatives and those products go into products that they export to us!
In other words, your $49.00 "made in China" DVD player is made partly from
the oil they import.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
256-656-1924