[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions about my question of buying a used E320 Vs a E300D.

Now that the discussion has turned into a comparision of gas Vs diesel prices I guess I'll report on the prices around here (Va) - unleaded gas is around $2.45 with diesel even higher at $2.49.

Still not sure what I'll do with the E320 Vs E300D question. Losing .$.05 cents per gallon plus a $5k lower purchase price makes the E320 attractive until I consider repair prices. I'm confident I can work on the diesel but I'm not so sure about the gas engine.

Maybe I'll flip a coin. Even though deep down I *know* the diesel is the smart purchase in the long run even *with* a premium on the fuel...

What about the difference in fuel consumption? The diesel can provide perhaps 32-35 mpg vs 25-27 mpg (?) for the E320. Fuel costs will be higher with the gas car until the price of diesel reaches 20% or so higher than for gas.

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
      Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member GWSection
    http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm