Went out to take another look at the mysterious oil accumulation and
noticed that what I believe to be a temp sensor, located between #1
and #2 glow plugs, is missing a wire. I did find the wire, of course.

Anyone know what this sensor goes to?  I don't think it is the water
temp gauge in the instrument cluster, because that is working fine.
As much as I admire Benz engineering, I doubt if they built in
redundancy by using two sensors for the temp gauge so it must go
somewhere else.

One good thing is that this pic gives a good look at the area where I
am seeing oil -- can be seen just "above" the dipstick in the pic.

Don

--
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane.