Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:58:54 -0400
From: "Fred De Vries" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Oil/Diesel Mixtures
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'd feel like I had stepped into the Twilite Zone regarding cars that
ran on
peanut oil, Vegetable oil, McD's waste etc. If an older fella hadn't
stopped
by my house last week driving the same brown 240D that was sitting in
my
yard.  He told me he had 330,000 miles on it.  I think it was early
"80's?
He said he owned a construction company and they used the car for a
parts
runner.  Anytime they changed the oil in anything from a bulldozer to a
lawn
mower they poured the oil in the tank of his MB.  Said he gets 41 MPG
with
his manual and just changes the filters a lot, hasn't had any
mechanical
problems to speak of, but the Michigan Rust Monster is eating the car
away
from the outside in.

Speaking of 240D's...(Nice Segue,eh?)  Mine has the key actually stuck
in
the ignition, won't turn, won't come out.  HELP?

FRED DE VRIES