-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of andrew strasfogel
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:17 AM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fuel for thought

It's the People's Cult Oil.

Did I mention it's very expensive?

Mobil 1 was originally marketed as having the ability to outlast other
oils, but people are still changing it out every 3 - 5 k miles anyway.
 That makes it REALLY Very Expensive!

I'm going on 276 K miles (1983 300TD) by using regular diesel motor
oil (dino oil) and changing it every 5 - 7 k miles.  The car has never
run stronger and uses about a qt. between oil changes.  With the money
I saved by not using Mobil 1 last year we dined at a fancy restaurant.