From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of LT Don
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 1:18 PM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: [MBZ] a NEW strange noise

Now that my car shuts down quickly and efficiently for the first time since I
took ownership, The Evil Benz decided it was time to spring something new on me.

For the last couple of days, I hear a strange sound when the steering wheel is
turned to the left when stopped or at slow speeds (only). And only when turning
left, no similar sound when the wheels are turned to the right. The sound seems
to be coming from the steering column area under the dash and sounds like a set
of keys is being jiggled, or like some coins are being tossed around in the
palm of your hand.

I am going to pull off the plastic pieces and take a peek under the dash after
work today or tomorrow. Anyone have a clue as to what this might be? No, it
isn't the keys banging together -- I already ruled that out.

Don

--
1977 240D
1972 Honda CB-500K motorcycle

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane.