Seemed like a good day to do it.

So I pulled out the little orange box that I got from my sister the same
time I bought the car from her.

Just like the manual says, I pulled the new chain in as the old one came
out. So far so good.

But the new chain "ran out" before the old one!! By that I mean there
were about 10 links of the old chain between the two ends of the new
chain.

"This is not a good sign..." I said to my self.

So I pulled the old one back in as the new one came out. It lines up
perfect - but it's still 7 deg streched.

"Okay, maybe something slipped the first time." I thought, hopefully.

So I pulled in the new chain again - this time noting the timing marks
every time they went by. The crank-cam timing is spot-on; but the new
chain is still too short!!

Grrr!!

I counted the links on the old chain. 136

Once again, I pulled in the old chain. Again, it's long enough. Now I
counted the links on the new chain. 126

So, oh great list-gurus, here are all the numbers on the new chains box.
Do I have the wrong part number, or just the wrong part?

####        Sticker #1
iwis ketten
iwis chains

Duplex Bush Chain            13
D 67 HRZ                    126
3/8 x 7/32                 vGld

50023423

####       Sticker #2

TIMING CHAIN IWIS 615/6/7
997 003-99715794

           Philip, skilled at making simple jobs complex!