rumor has it that David wrote:

> I'm going to install an amateur radio mobile rig in my W123, so I need
> to run a couple of 10-gauge power wires from the battery.  On cars I've
> had in the past, I've always been lucky enough to find existing
> penetrations I could use, instead of having to drill a new hole.  Anyone
> done this before, and have some good tricks up their sleeve?

Well, I've done it about 4 times now.... (different cars *smile*)

Between the battery and the fender is a grommet that has a big bundle of
cables going through the firewall. I happen to acquire salvage 12AWG
twisted-pair cable from work. I sneak that through the same hole as the
big bundle. I'd bet that 2 10AWG wires could be run through there
instead.

It comes out under the glove box, but above the removable under-dash
cover. I route that over to the center console area where I use a
euro-style (fully insulated) terminal block to distribute the power to
all my gear.

That's the easy part. Figuring out where and how to _mount_ the radios
is the tricky part....

        Philip, radio nut.