rumor has it that Fred wrote:

First, _please_ don't quote the entire digest!!!

> Great list!

Yup!

> Since I've got a whole $250 into a (pretty nice fotr $250!) 240D, I'm kind
> of interested in using it to experiment with and continue learning about
> these cars.  The Mobil 1 oil w/sealer sounds like a good place to start.
> Oil change, diesel purge, filters, Mobil 1.  Any suggestions on flushing
> sludge out of a 1974 240D 100K+ miles?

> FRED DE VRIES

I would let the detergants in the oil clean the sludge out. I have had
quite a few W123s and I've use Mobil1 in all of the ones that
burned/leaked less that 1qt per 500 miles. The results of Mobil 1? The
cars leak less and the sludge under the rocker-arm cover diminishes.

I would put clean oil in and drive it hard!

      Philip