Its a general MB list, not just for diesels.

LT Don wrote:
My understanding of this list was/is that it is a resource for those of us driving old diesels -- a place to get repair info and suck up shared knowledge. If I just wanted to "talk about my Benz" I'd be on a totally different sort of email list.

For better or for worse, "old cars" include the lowly, long in the tooth but nevertheless still on the road (mine approacing 30 years old) 240D.