-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kaleb C. Striplin
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 7:03 PM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: Re: [MBZ] GUNS AND THE REALITY

A gun that is locked up and unloaded will do NO good when its needed.
People who keep their guns locked up etc probably should not be owning
guns in the first place if they are worried about their kids.  When you
are a serious gun owner the first thing you should do is start out very
early educating your kids about guns, and not touching them.  Sort of
takes the mystery out of it and they dont go messing with them when you
are not at home.  I have plenty of weapons all loaded up and ready to go

around the house and the kids know not to mess with them.  They have no
interest in messing with them. Now on the other hand, when we get to the

stage of them having friends over, a different approach will have to be
taken as most other kids will not have this sort of training.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>   HI all
> for the record I am a phila policeman
>  the  story attached is my friend and ex partner  policeman Terrence
> Flomo he was killed Friday morning by 2 jit bags
>
>  the reality of firearm ownership is
> A. most pl with guns don't understand just owning one does not make
you
> any safer
>  because they MUST be locked away form kids and this  means they might

> not be accessible when they are needed in a home emergency
>
> B criminals who steal guns during a burglary can use them against the
> lawful owner... or in this case the police .
>  C bullets don't stop at a intended target... they can go on for a
> loooooong distance AFTER striking the intended target
>  and
> D shooting a (person criminal or not)  aint Hollywood easy  they get
> up... run around ... scream ... now they might have deserved it  but
it
> aint easy and then YOU must justify your actions ... to police, the
> county prosecutor,  ect ect ... ( this in NO way is to say guns should

> not be used/owned if there is a real threat it nos safety)
>

>  I am not anti gun ( I have owned one  sense the slaveships) and will
> continue to do so
>  but to EVERYONE who owns firearms
> please realize
>  these are machines
>  they don't know the difference between a criminal and a kid( god
forbid)
> this one of the greatest responsibilities that any adult can have
>  so please take the approved firearm safety course offered by the
N.R.A.
>  keep them
>  LOCKED
>  ...UNLOADED
>  and KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER
>  and for god sakes please keep them locked up tight in your house
>  its a bitch to go to a mans funeral who should have never died
>
>  mike collins
>  phila pa
>
> Frink <javascript:void(0)>
> Seasoned Vet
> Picture of Professor Frink

<http://domelights.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1166081461/m/3221042223/r/
3221042223#3221042223>
>       Posted August 26, 2005 04:09 AM
>
> We've lost another one of our own. An officer was shot and killed in
the
> 23rd District last night (2:18am) after being shot in the chest by two

> thugs. Details are still sketchy, but the last I heard was that the
9th
> had a suspect run inside a property on 20th Street. SWAT was enroute.
>
> Pardon me for seeming callous, but I hope the suspect (if he is the
> doer) is brought out in a body bag.
>

> Support Your Local Gunfighter <http://sharpshooters.blogspot.com/>

<http://domelights.com/groupee/forums?a=userposts&sortType=1&u=479607431
4> | Location:
> The Lab | Registered: September 02, 2003      Reply With Quote
> <javascript:void(0);>Edit or Delete Message
<javascript:void(0);>Report
> This Post

<http://domelights.com/groupee/forums?a=ma&m=3221042223&t=3221042223&f=1
166081461>

> misterfifty <javascript:void(0)>
> Seasoned Vet
> Picture of misterfifty

<http://domelights.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1166081461/m/3221042223/r/
5241052223#5241052223>
>       Posted August 26, 2005 06:31 AM
>
> Details are still sketchy, but it appears an off-duty NFU officer was
> shot multiple times at 20th and Columbia in North Philly, in an
unmarked
> DEA vehicle. Early morning news reports states that many people were
> taken to homicide and a male who barracaded himself in a house on the
> 800 block 20th st was removed by SWAT and was at homicide being
> interviewed. P/C Johnson, D/C Ross and Mayor Street were on location
at
> Temple hospital with the family. I will not post the name because I am

> not sure of the spelling, but I can say it was reported that the
fallen
> officer was a 9 year veteran that leaves behind a wife and children.
May
> God keep his blessed hand upon him and his family.

<http://domelights.com/groupee/forums?a=userposts&sortType=1&u=508108294
2> | Registered:
> March 25, 2005        Reply With Quote <javascript:void(0);>Edit or
> Message <javascript:void(0);>Report This Post

<http://domelights.com/groupee/forums?a=ma&m=5241052223&t=3221042223&f=1
166081461>

> Kate <javascript:void(0)>
> Seasoned Vet

<http://domelights.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1166081461/m/3221042223/r/
2251052223#2251052223>

<http://www.kyw1060.com/news_story_detail.cfm?newsitemid=48885>

> Phila. Police Officer Shot and Killed
>
> A police officer has been shot to death in North Philadelphia. It
> happened this morning near 20th and Turner Streets not far from Cecil
B.
> Moore Avenue.
>
> Police Commissioner Sylvester Johnson identifies the officer as
> 50-year-old Terrence Flomo, a nine-year veteran of the force. He was
> married and had four children.
>
> Johnson says Flomo was assigned to an undercover narcotics unit and
had
> gone off-duty about 10pm Thursday night. It's not known why he was in
> the area where he was shot.
>
> Police say Flomo was shot several times and found sitting in an
unmarked
> city-owned car that had rolled about a block before coming to rest
> against some bushes.
>
> The officer was conscious and talking when taken to Temple University
> Hospital. He died about 3:05am in the emergency room.
>
> Police have been questioning several people in connection with the
> shooting. Police say one man was taken into custody after about an
hour
> barricaded inside a nearby house.
>
> Johnson says the reason for the shooting is unknown.
>

> All Gave Some ~ Some Gave All

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/casualties/facesofthefa
llen.htm>

> Katey's Kafe <http://www.kateskafe.blogspot.com/>

<http://domelights.com/groupee/forums?a=userposts&sortType=1&u=837609537
1> | Location:
> Philadelphia

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE,
  85 300D,  83 300TD, 81 300TD, 81 240D, 81 240D,
  76 450SEL, 76 240D, 76 300D, 74 240D, 69 250
Okie Benz Auto parts-email for used parts