Observation from people who collect other things - the
things that become collectable are OFTEN (not always)
what is NOT considered collectable at first. The
collection of all 50 state quarters will NEVER be
worth anything, b/c a million people (including my
mom) are collecting them. Something common, like an
SD, which is NOT a collectors car, if kept in great
shape, just might be someday. NO ONE collects SD's.

Now the rub is initial cost a production #'s. A car
that only has 1200 made - will be collectable even if
it were a Yugo, probably. A million dollar car, will
be a collectable.

Anyway, just an observation.

P.S. I drive the crap out of my SD, just like OK Don.

Chris

--- OK Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Which cars will be collectable? It all depends on
> your point of view -
> Kaleb "collects" everything except SLs --
> I could never see the other type of collecting - buy
> a great car and
> not use it? I'm sorry, but I buy cars to enjoy, and
> that means driving
> the crap out of them.
>
> On 8/30/05, Marshall Booth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Tom Hargrave wrote:
> >
> > > Which of todays Mercedes will be collectable in
> 20 - 30 years?
> >
> > In my experience, only the ones I can't afford!
> >
> > Marshall
>
> --
> OK Don, KD5NRO
> Norman, OK
> '87 300SDL
> '81 240D
> '78 450SLC
> The FSM created the Diesel Benz
> http://www.venganza.org/

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle)
-1998 Toyota Sienna CE, 99K miles, "The Van"