Been done already. Forces coming back have found all sorts of manner to get side arms there or back.

On Tuesday, August 30, 2005, at 06:28 AM, John Ervine wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
BTW I heard our forces in Iraq are trading their 9mm to 45's on their
own dime.

Ummmm, no. Do you know how much hell a soldier would catch for trying to smuggle a personal weapon from here to overseas? And when he runs out of ammunition, what then? It's not like the army is keeping crates of .45 laying
around the desert when the issued sidearm uses 9mm.

On the otherhand, many soldiers *are* bringing their own magazines, optics, etc.
  But not firearms.

--
Clay
Seattle Bioburner