I agree with you.

And no, Im not sure I fully trust running just straigh WVO thru a system without going all out to produce real biodiesel.

Steve MacSween wrote:

Not preaching. But I've been looking at the WVO thing lately and it doesn't have the ring of truth of something that's going to be around for long. I applaud you for doing it, and I may try it as well, if I can afford to buy a kit (or properly copy one).

My point is that the petrodollar industry won't stand by and watch it for long, if it starts to get too popular. Not in the sense of you or me going to the WongWoo and collecting eggroll WVO. But sooner or later someone will start small businesses to supply it, maybe even mid-sized regional fuel distributors might jump in.

Can we guess what happens next? Soft words are spoken in private clubs, in the shadow of Capitol Hill, or Parliament Hill, need for regulation, need for standards, workplace safety issues, horror stories of bad WVO fuel suddenly find their way to newsrooms on a slow news week -- blah, blah, blah. Next thing you know the EPA finds some way to stick in its snout.

Please tell me I'm wrong, someone, but I don't see this WVO thing lasting long in its current form.

Plus there are some alarming noises (no pun int) over on one of the VW diesel lists of injection pump destruction from running unheated WVO. Honestly I have not followed it in detail, seeing as I'm not ready to try it by a long shot.

Mac

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

    You are preaching to a guy who is about to carry home WVO in 5
    gallon buckets?

    On 9/1/05, Steve MacSween < [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > wrote:

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:

         > yes, these neurotic leftest environmentalists are whats
        causing our
         > major energy problems today.  Without that crap we would be
        building
         > more nukes, more refineries, drilling for more oil, then we
        wouldnt be
         > in this mess.

        Lt Don, this may come as a surprise but from time to time Kaleb
        shows a
        remarkable dexterity in the use of irony in his replies.

        What he is trying to say has to do with Peak Oil. Google it
        (everyone,
        please do, not just Don) and then come back and debate it with
        him/us.

        The short answer is, we should have been well into ramping down our
        dependence on petrochemicals as a basis for our economy by 2000.
        Not only
        have we failed to do so, or to even recognize the problem (such
        as how many
        consumer goods depend on it for their manufacture, not to
        mention how we
        transport almost everything on this continent), but now the
        Chinese and to a
        lesser extent India, have thrown a wrench into an already wobbly
        machine by
        their economic expansion and increasing demands.

        Remember to read the credentials of the guys you find writing on
        peak oil.
        These are not Greenpeace geeks living in an unheated flat
        outside of London
        or something, these are people inside the oil industry.

        Mac