In a message dated 9/6/2005 9:06:14 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I need  to find hydraulic oil for my racket stringer (I swear, I'm not making
this  up).  I can't find any where I've looked that meets my specs - looked
at  Lowe's, Advance Auto, and a local transmission shop.

Specs - very  lightweight (0, 5 or 10W MAX), with NO detergents or additives
at  all.   I need 3 quarts.

Any suggestions as to where I could  find some oil that meets these specs?
I've never bought hydraulic fluid  and don't know where to start.

Sunil,

Jack oil is hydraulic oil and is available at most any auto parts  store.
Don't know what the specs are but I suspect your  stringer is an older unit and
they are concerned about anti foaming,  etc.  If it was mine, I would use
Mobil 1 ATF and avoid having any  hydraulic fluid on site.

If you must have hydraulic, Graingers has an on line catalog with a good
search engine.  You can usually buy without a wholesalers license by paying
cash.

Regards,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ