Reading a second bio of Dr. Diesel right now
(fascinating). His plan for the get go was to create
an engine that would burn locally available fuels. To
accomplish this, he would redesign the IP's and
injectors to handle different fuels. So it is true
that he ran engines on lard, animal fats, crude oil,
etc, but the injection systems were always modified.

SO, although it is true that a DIESEL ENGINE will burn
about anything, the rub is getting the fuel IN the
engine successfully over long periods of time. This
may be why Elsbett (www.elsbett.de) makes a diesel
engine SPECIFICALLY for veg oil.

I have definitely been rethinking some of MY test fuel
ideas in light of "Doktor Diesel's (Rudolf, not
Marshall - well, hell, Marshall too) original intent
and method.

My 2 cents.

--- Marshall Booth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Gabriel S. wrote:
> > Can I run my old M1
> > 15w 50 staight from crankcase to fuel tank of im
> doing a 50/50 mix?
>
> A continuous diet of #2 diesel and engine oil mix
> (even at 1 or 2%) WILL
> cause injector coking and injector maintenance
> requirements will
> substantially increase. The engine is NOT optimized
> for that mix. Mobil
> 1 does NOT burn well in Mercedes diesels
> (conventional oil burns better)
> but I'm NOT sure why. It MAY be that it burns slower
> so isn't completely
> burned without modifying the engine.
>
> An occasional shot of dino engine oil in a 1-2% mix
> CAN act as a tonic
> (although it will cause mild coking but that will be
> quickly dispelled
> once the oil is gone and the engine is driven at
> highway speeds), but
> the oil fuel mix should NOT be repeated more than
> every 10-20 tankfuls.
>
> Marshall
> --
>         Marshall Booth (who doesn't respond to unsigned
> questions)
>        "der Dieseling Doktor" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> '87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2
> 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0
> 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
>        Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member
> GWSection
>      http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle)
-1998 Toyota Sienna CE, 99K miles, "The Van"