Hi Manfred - Have not seen your comments in awhile.  Good to know you are
out and about.
BillR

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of MG
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:39 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] any gas to diesel engine swap ideas for '92 Dodge 350,
van (1 ton)?

I looked into that years ago and was told by Dodge mechanics at the time
that the Cummins would not fit. It was too long and too tall. One guy
did say that I might be able to put a GM 6.5 in it. I chose to get a
Chevy van and put the 6.5 into that. At least that way I knew that
everything would be as easy as possible. Just an out with the old and in
with the new. No modes to the frame. Getting 18-20 with a NA 6.5.

Manfred

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 09:41:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christopher McCann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

As you can see from my sig, I have a 1992 Dodge 250 Ram Wagon (16
  passenger van). My wife took it to WI yesterday and was thrilled to get
  12-13 mpg. Yipee.

What are my options, if any, on swapping the 5.9 liter gas engine out
  for a diesel engine?...preferably a Cummins, but ease of swap is also a
  consideration.

Thanks!

Chris