SO, it's possible that that trip meter (and probably
odometer) are correct and the speedometer wrong? I was
being told that if the speedo was off 10%, then the
trip meter/odo MUST be off 10% too. It seems that that
is not necessarily the case...please clarify a little
more. I'm not interested in fixing the speedo as the
car came with a "new" intrument cluster in the trunk,
which I haven't swapped out yet...just wondering if it
IS possible that the current trip/odo could be correct
while speedo is off. Want to calculate mpg today.

Thanks,

Christopher