-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:43 AM
To: benz
Subject: [MBZ] Choke sputter bunny hop

Hi all,

I'm still tring to dial in the carburetors on my 72 250 M130 W114 (I
need to put this in a signature or something).

I noticed that starting from a stop, under light acceleration everything
is OK. On the highway acceleration is effortless and seams endless, but
sometimes, starting off from either a stop or rolling slowly, if I
acclerate a little hard, the engine starts to sputter. I can usualy fix
it by hitting the kick down button located under the accelerator pedal.

This morning I did find that the forward choke was a little sticky. I'm
going to spray it with some silicone lube this afternoon to see if it
fixes it, unless someone has a better alternative. Could this be causing
it? anything else?

Also Just as an FYI, the "emmission" portion of the vehicle was fried so
I have routed the forward vacuum connection to the advance on the
distributor.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

George