You can just add more with one of the adapter kits sold at all McParts.  It
will have a low side fitting and a can tap (and they even sell a large can with
attached fitting for one-shot use).

Hook up to the low side with the compressor running and freon will slowly
migrate from the can to the system since it's boiling out of the can.  I use a
bucket of warm water (NOT really hot water!) to speed things up.  Keep the can
upright, a slug of liquid into the compressor can be very bad for it.

However, if you have a leak and need to do this more than say every couple
years, you need to have the R134A recovered by someone, repair the leak(s),
properly evacuate, and fully recharge.  I'm not a big fan of a simple vacuum
and recharge, you really need to find and fix the leaks.  Otherwise, air and
water are continually leaking in, and this will eventually eat a compressor
and/or corrode out the condenser.

To properly evacuate, you must run 30" mercury for at least 30 minutes, it's
better to run for an hour, to remove the water.  It has to vaporize and then
diffuse to the pump, so it takes a while.  29" is really too low, it will take
forever get the system dry, and anything less you really are wasting your time,
the water won't come out of the dessicant or PAG oil. I have a used Edwards oil
bath rotary pump that's great, except that it will overpower a small leak and
you can't tell other than it clicks once in a while as a bubble of air comes
out of the oil.  A smaller pump will never reach full vac if you have a leak.

Peter