Hi, All.
My Puzzle for today is:-
What in the front suspension is mainly responsible for ride height?
My money is on the springs. That said, I seem to remember Herr Doktor
Proffessor Booth saying that MBZ springs don't sag.
Ride height as measured from wheel center vertically to wheel arch.
Blue car                   White car
LF    13"                     15 7/16'
RF  12 13/16"           15 1/2"
LR   14 3/16"           15 1/2"
RR   13 1/2"            15 9/16"
The Blue  car has twice the mileage (204k+) of the white car (140k)
The spring perches are the same measurements on both cars. i.e. Not rotted out.
All of the rubber bits seem to be equally OK except for the strut
mounts which are showing some cracks (both cars)
Front sway bar mounts are the same on both.
I still think that the springs are tired.
Another question. In Rusty's (All Hail Rusty!) list of parts for
front springs, there is a caveat that some "score"or other must be
observed. Huh?
Fred Moir
Idiot seeking enlightenment.
Lynn MA