OK Don wrote:
> One of my tires is loosing air, and another has separating tread on
> the inside edge - so it's time for new tires.
> Anyone have experience with the General Altimax HP tires?

About 400 miles experience on my new HPs on my FWD Oldsmobile. Stick well, ride
well, haven't seen rain or snow yet. Rolling resistance might be a bit higher
than the tires they replaced, but now that I've upped the pressure to 40psi
they
roll pretty good and still ride well. There's a HUGE difference in cornering
traction between a new Altimax HP and an old Eagle LS, I didn't feel safe on
the
old tires, they'd howl when taking a freeway ramp at slightly over the posted
speed.

Through August 4 there was a $50 rebate on a set of four, so I got a huge
bargain. The Altimax RT was my 2nd choice, I decided that for a similar price,
I'd take the H-rated casing, sticky rubber, and directional tread over the RT's
much higher treadwear rating. I'm used to getting 70-80k miles from a 300-350
treadwear rating, so the 400 rating on the Altimax HP means that my tires will
probably die of old age before they wear out.

Supplied my own stems, so mounting and lifetime balance at WalMart was $44, for
a total cost of $264 after rebate and installation.

Mitch.