From: Wilton Strickland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Its a matter of definition
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 5:14 PM

You can do it!  Don't give up!

Wilton

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt Raymond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>; "R
A Bennell"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 5:05 PM

> My wife has very little appreciation of this whole project. Now as I'm
nearing the point where the thing will actually be on the road (still
horribly ugly but on the road) I'm actually getting pretty excited.
Repainting the whole car still scares the crap out of me but if we take it a
panel at a time (trunk lid, doors, front fenders, everything else) I think
it'll be do-able...

<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 3:05 PM
>
> Isn't it interesting how things have changed? I recall, reading as a
child,
> or young person, old Popular Mechanics
> magazines that my father had around. The period after WWII was such that
people
> did most everything for themselves.
> Those magazines were full of plans, usually detailed enough that a
reasonably
> competent person could build whatever
> it was that they were promoting, be it a boat or a lathe.
>
> Today, most people will not lift a finger to do anything much for
themselves.
> My brother in law won't even paint
> the trim on his home. He is a computer programmer and paid well but his
idea of
> after hours stuff is watching his
> big TV. People who won't do anything for themselves have no
appreciation
> for those of us who do. I am sure he
> thinks I am odd because I do as much of my own stuff as I possibly can.
The