She wouldn't have been going all that fast. She was in a parking lot and just
arcing into a spot against the
building.

The pedal did not go to the floor. She knows that for sure. We are beginning to
think the failure was of the power
brakes. She does not recall the engine reving up and does not think that she
either hit the wrong pedal or slipped
off of the brake onto the gas. She is 54 and not quite senile yet. A big
sadness for her though. She has not had
any sort of accident since she was about 16. She went off the road in a
snowstorm back then and broke a tierod end
on a Ford Torino but did not dent the sheetmetal. Her car has been bumped in
parking lots but she has never been in
any sort of accident that was her fault. A matter of some pride I guess. I
cannot say the same for myself. I have
had my share of fender benders over the years. 4 in total if I don't count the
ones where someone hit me from
behind when I was stopped or hit me in a parking lot when I was not there, but
none for about 10 years. Only 2
where I was truly at fault and those were in my wilder youth - the last of
which happened in 1976.

Randy