Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:39:46 -0500
From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Another new problem
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

you must go broke paying somebody to fix your cars all the time.

Curt Raymond wrote:

Took the 190D to my Indy because of a squeeling symphony the other
night driving home from work. It appears it was caused by a sticking
parking brake cable - Whew!

> On the negative side the
annoying rumble I've been hearing appears to be a differential bearing.
He's nervous about being able to replace the bearing without screwing
up something else inside. He also figures it'll cost more in labor than
a replacement would cost.

> So, anybody got a
differential for an '85 190D 2.2l 5spd manual? I found one online (so
far) in CA for $150 which seems like a good price but I bet the
shipping will be spendy.