Y'all missed some good BBQ.  Great bunch of folks
from the eastern US.  Paul and Shirley from FL in
a SL 320 with lotsa miles on it. Werner and Nancy
in a 300D 2.5 (probably has lotsa miles, but that
topic didn't come up) Keith with his beautiful
300SEL 109.  Love the air suspension!  Carl and
Carla in a newish car (he is excused because he
has a bunch of old MBs too, and has owned prewar
MBs) And Otto and his cousin from Köln in a G-wagon.

They all loved Hickory Park.  They over-ordered,
a typical sin of newbies to HP.  We added 3 MBs
to the lot with the 300D, the 380SL and Adam's
200D 2.4  We had a good time talking about all
things Mercedes.  I enjoyed Keith, because he is
also a fin car aficionado, and talks about his
300SEL (109) as a "new car,"  meaning post 1969
or not pre slash 8.   We all had some good laughs
about Adam getting a speeding ticket several
years ago in the 200D, allegedly going 83 MPH!

This morning there was a new addition to the
group.  I commented that his car looked just like
the 85 300TD I had.  Turns out is WAS exactly
like my 85 TD.  Also turns out to be Luther's dad from Arkieland!

Start saving up your dimes and dollars  and
vacation time now!  In 2013, Werner is planning a
coast to coast Lincoln highway tour, to mark the
100th anniversary of the Lincoln Highway.  I want
to drive on that trip!  For MBCA members:  Start
lobbying now to make this an official MBCA event!

Loren
(who lives about 1 block form the original Lincoln Highway.)

At 05:48 PM 9/22/2008, you wrote:
>Can't make it. Killer office schedule this week, plus my boss is on vacation
>the entire week so I get to do both my job and her job. (The upside (?) is
>that I am an 'acting-Director' for five days.)
>
>Besides, Hickory Park is far from vegetarian friendly. I'd have to order a
>large portion of coleslaw.
>
>On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 10:53 PM, Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>

> > Don, Are you coming over for some BBQ tomorrow night?  Hickory Park, 7 PM.
> >

>--
>LT Don
>http://don.homelinux.net/~don/
>
>apt-get update