From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 14:36
To: Diesel List
Subject: [MBZ] 190D diff continued

So I got my 190D back, the diff bearing is still making noise but the
shrieking symphony of the stuck parking brake cable is gone.

I've gotten one quote so far for $450 shipped for a diff from somewhere on
the west coast. Still waiting on another quote. Meanwhile Fred has found an
early '84 190E which supposedly has a 3.46:1 rear end ratio. AFAIK my car
has a 3.42:1, seems like the lower ratio will make my car a little quicker
off the line but lose me a little top end. Thats fine, I've never found the
very top, I'm also thinking .04 difference isn't squat and probably won't
even mess up the speedo appreciably...

Anyway opinions? I think I may have finally realized where to take it if I
want the bearings replaced. Theres a very good transmission shop nearby that
should be able to do it. I'll swing by this week and get them to look at it.

-Curt