They are a little expensive for what they are, but I think it's worth it
to keep that lint out of the septic system.  If money is really tight
you could probably make something very similar with a foot or so of 4"
or 5" PVC pipe, threaded end caps, and a few other fittings.  I thought
about it, but decided to buy the ready-made device.  It has the
advantage of a see-through housing so you can easily see when it's time
to clean the filter.

Allan

"harry watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Allan
>
> Many thanks, I believe this may be the answer to my problem.  I'll have one
> on order shortly.
>
> I'll try an installation just upstream from the pump drum and leave my
> filter in place, at least for awhile.
>
> Thanks
> Harry
>
>> I have a lint filter on my washer drain, since we're on a septic system
>> and everything (black and grey) goes into it.
>>
>> Got it here:
>>
>>     http://www.laundry-alternative.com/products/Septic_Protector.html
>>
>> Allan
>> --