Kevin wrote:

Memory serving me, your 603 is naturally aspirated, so all of our numbers
probably don't compare to yours. That said, my 87 300TD gets roughly what
yours gets, which is considered rather low for that engine and that car.

My 87 300D clears 30 consistently, with a leaky return hose.

Marshall may have figures for NA 603s. The only NA 603 I ran across was
in a five speed 124, and I am fairly certain those numbers will not compare
well with yours :)

A normally aspirated 603 engine will do about the same in the city and worse than a turbo on the highway if it's like the 602 NA and turbo engines.

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
      Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member GWSection
    http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm