Harry,

The curve on the metal strips is away from the windshield. Seems counterintuitive, but that the way it is. The notches fit behind the "tit's on the end of the wiper arm facing toward the windshield. So you have to figure out the curve is away from the windshield and the notches face the windshield. Don't know how the newer ones work..... My experience is 80's and early nineties.......

Hope this helps,

Chuck
Phoenix AZ