Changed the front brake pads on my W126 over the weekend.  Noticed that the
metal backing plate BARELY fit into opening on the calliper, even after
cleaning out all the accumulated brake dust, detritus, etc, and the pads
were thick enough to barely fit between the calliper and the rotor.
Problem (I think) was that on the metal backing plate, Mercedes put
some ???? (hardened glue, paint, who knows)  on the backside and edges
which caused them not to fit.  Removed it with a file and they slid right
in.  Don't remember this "stuff" on previous pads.

What changed?  Thaught maybe there was some kind of spec that said the
finished brake pad had to be a certain size to fit inside the calliper.  Am
I missing something?

Angelo Giaimo/Fishkill/IBM @ IBMUS
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(845)894-4296 (tie 533); fax: 892-6235 (tie 532);
2070 Rt. 52; Hopewell Junction, N.Y. 12533