From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Wonko the Sane
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 8:04 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 300E oil question (I almost hate to ask this!)

Is that the gauge or the sending unit? I'd like to fix it.

Just so you don't think I am totally anal -- not yet to be ruled out -- I
had the philosophy drilled into my head for years that you *trust your
gauges* (while having fun way up there in the sky, and actually being paid
to do it) and react accordingly. If oil pressure falls to 0 on one of the
engines, you don't say, "Oh, the gauge is flaky." You beat feet for the
nearest airport and review your feather-engine checklist.

Occupational hazard I just can't seem to shake.

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 7:54 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nont to worry about the oil pressure, the guage on that car is a little
> flakey.  It will bounce from about 1 or so to 0 at idle.  Real reading is
> about 1 to 1.5.

Checked by AVG.
7:56 PM

Checked by AVG.