Wonko the Sane wrote:

Given that I have successfully used 15W-50 in my 240D, I can't see any
reason why I can't run it in my 300E. The 15W-50 flows well in really cold
temperatures and I can't see any downside of having -40 rather than -50.

I'd run the 15W-50.  Because...

After driving at 75 mph on I-35 from Des Moines to
Ames, the oil pressure needle was bouncing off of the 0 stop when I hit
stoplights on Duff Avenue.

...My 617 didn't seem to care what oil I used, but minimum hot oil pressure on my 119 is a good .5 bar higher with 15W-50 vice 0W-40, and that makes me happy. I suspect your 103 will respond similarly. That 5W-30 is way too thin for a Mercedes engine, anyway.

Not very scientific, but there you go.

Tom