Well  I guess you knew it was alive but tonight I got all the brakes setup to
my satisfaction, bled them and got new fluid through all the lines, got the
parking brake set so it seems pretty good (the foot pedal still needs work) so
I took him for a ride and got some fuel.
The fuel tank vent is plugged, thats probably no surprise after sitting so
much. The tires make noise, again no big shocker. The steering wheel is about 2
splines to the right, I'd taken it off when I did the dash pod last and forgot
to mark it first. I think those questionable looking ball joints in the front
are actually bad though I might have had a soft tire. Dwight gave me some
studded snows that'll go on soon.
The engine ran great, its hard to describe how different a 240D feels compared
to a 190D though, the 190D is much more refined, as it should be. Clutch felt
good, brakes felt great. One squeaked a bit but I'm sure that'll quiet down
with some use.
Came right up to temp and stayed there except when it heat soaked at the gas
station. I remember it doing that before. I should replace the coolant, another
thing on the list which had gotten shorter but now has extended again.

For the first time ever Hammie has a proper 240D driver's carpet, its just a
bit darker than the interior of the car, more brown than tan, but it looks a
heck of a lot better than no carpet at all!

-Curt